- Aquatint and etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 14 5/8 x 20 7/8 inches (37.2 x 53 cm), Plate: 10 11/16 x 15 13/16 inches (27.1 x 40.1 cm), and Image: 8 9/16 x 13 15/16 inches (21.7 x 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "K. 8674/4 (last 4 encircled)"; on back, upper left: "Ma (underlined)"; on back, lower right: "3-K | J4752"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Pollard. delt."; lower center: "London, Published June 15. 1822, by J. Watson. 7. Vere Street, Bond Street. | GROUSE SHOOTING."; lower right: "Dubourg, sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | birds | breeches (trousers) | costume | cravats | dogs (animals) | game (hunted animal) | grouses | hills | horses (animals) | hunters | hunting | hunting dogs | landscape | men | mountains | riding boots | riding coats | rocks (landforms) | shrubs | smoke | sporting art | sporting rifle | sportsmen | top hats
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Matthew Dubourg, active 1786–1838, British, Grouse Shooting, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.