- Aquatint and etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 15 1/16 x 20 13/16 inches (38.3 x 52.8 cm), 10 11/16 x 15 15/16 inches (27.1 x 40.5 cm), and 8 9/16 x 14 1/16 inches (21.8 x 35.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "K. 8674/2 (2 encircled)"; on back, upper left: "Ma (underlined)"; on back, lower right: "4-K | J4752"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Pollard. delt."; lower center: "London. Published June 15. 1822 by J. Watson. 7 Vere Street. Bond Street. | SNIPE SHOOTING."; lower right: "Dubourg. sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | branches | breeches (trousers) | costume | cravats | creek | frozen | hunters | hunting | hunting dogs | ice | landscape | lily pads | reeds | riding boots | riding coats | river | snipes (birds) | snow | sporting art | sporting rifle | sportsmen | top hats | trees | winter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Matthew Dubourg, active 1786–1838, British, Snipe Shooting, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.