- Partridge Shooting
- Aquatint and etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 20 7/8 inches (37.4 x 53 cm), Plate: 10 5/8 x 15 13/16 inches (27 x 40.2 cm), and Image: 8 9/16 x 13 15/16 inches (21.7 x 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "K. 8674/4 (last 4 encircled)"; on back, upper left: "Ma (underlined)"; on back, lower right: "2-K | J4752"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Pollard delt."; lower center: "London, Published June 15, 1822, by J. Watson. 7. Vere Street, Bond Street | PARTRIDGE SHOOTING."; lower right: "Dubourg sculpt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | animal art | birds | breeches (trousers) | costume | cravats | fields | hills | houses | hunters | hunting | hunting dogs | landscape | partridges | riding coats | sporting art | sporting rifles | sportsmen | top hats | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Matthew Dubourg, active 1786–1838, British, Partridge Shooting, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.