IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Matthew Dubourg, active 1786–1838, British, Partridge Shooting, 1822
- Aquatint and etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 20 7/8 inches (37.4 x 53 cm), Plate: 10 5/8 x 15 13/16 inches (27 x 40.2 cm), Image: 8 9/16 x 13 15/16 inches (21.7 x 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "K. 8674/4 (last 4 encircled)"; on back, upper left: "Ma (underlined)"; on back, lower right: "2-K | J4752"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Pollard delt."; lower center: "London, Published June 15, 1822, by J. Watson. 7. Vere Street, Bond Street | PARTRIDGE SHOOTING."; lower right: "Dubourg sculpt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | animal art | birds | breeches (trousers) | costume | cravats | fields | hills | houses | hunters | hunting | hunting dogs | landscape | partridges | riding coats | sporting art | sporting rifles | sportsmen | top hats | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.