- Why... Because...
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 17 13/16 x 13 inches (45.3 x 33 cm) and Image: 14 9/16 x 9 3/16 inches (37 x 23.4 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "WHY"; center: thirty-one images with captions; lower center: "BECAUSE",lower center: key with additional captions for above pictures; lower left inside image: "Alfred Crowquill fecit."; lower right inside image: "Printed by Standidge & Co. Old Jewry"; lower center under image: "LONDON. J. HARWOOD."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anvils | bells | birds | candles | crowns | dice | ducks | genre subject | guns | hammers | illustrations | insects | keys | men | satire | snakes | sphinx | staffs | sword | tools | watering can
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Alfred Henry Forrester, 1804–1872, British, Why... Because.., undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.