Clarissimus lustus Lipsius Historiographus Regius Professor Consliarius Etc.
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- between 1630 and 1640
- Line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 6 15/16 inches (26.1 x 17.6 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 6 5/8 inches (25.2 x 16.8 cm), and Image: 8 7/8 x 6 5/16 inches (22.5 x 16 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "Supper (?)"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "CLARISSIMVS IVSTVS LIPSIVS HISTORIOGRAPHVS | REGIVS PROFESSOR CONSLIARIVS ETC."; lower left: "Ant. van Dyck pinxit | S. a Bolswert Sculp."; lower right: "cum privilegio"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | books | costume | curtains | drapery | fur | gesture | hands | man | moustache | portrait | ruff | waistcoat
- Associated People:
- Lipsius, Justus (1547–1606), philologist and humanist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Schelte A. Bolswert, 1586–1659, Dutch, Clarissimus lustus Lipsius Historiographus Regius Professor Consliarius Etc, between 1630 and 1640
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.