- Part Of:
- Soft-ground etching and aquatint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper mounted on contemporary moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper with soft-ground etched border
- Mount: 14 3/8 × 21 1/4 inches (36.5 × 54 cm) and Sheet: 9 1/2 × 12 3/8 inches (24.2 × 31.4 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, lower center: "Pub. Feby 4, 1789"; inscribed on mount in graphite, lower center: "Oak."
Lettered inside image, lower left: "J. Cozens"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | clouds | hill | landscape | mountains | oak | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Picturesque and Sublime - Thomas Cole's Trans-Atlantic Inheritance (Thomas Cole National Historic Site, 2018-04-29 - 2018-11-04) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Romantic Landscape Prints - The Chiaroscuro of Nature (Yale Center for British Art, 2002-09-25 - 2002-12-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Timothy J. Barringer, Picturesque and sublime : Thomas Cole's trans-Atlantic inheritance, Yale University Press, New Haven and London, 2018, pp. 108-9, no. 10, NJ18 .C67 B37 2018 (LC) YCBA [OCLC]