- Lithograph on thin, slightly textured, white laid paper
- Sheet: 13 11/16 x 11 7/16 inches (34.7 x 29 cm) and Image: 9 3/16 x 6 7/8 inches (23.3 x 17.4 cm)
Signed in graphite, lower center: "John Copley imp."
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "28/2"; lower center: "Tennis players. 1st state W149"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- athletes | birds | cloth | drapery | figure study | flowers (plants) | genre subject | man | nude | tennis | tennis court | tennis racquets | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
John Copley 1875-1950 (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-06 - 1990-04-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Acquisitions : The First Decade 1977-1986, Yale Center for British Art , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1986, p. 24, no. 76, N590.2 A7 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]
Duncan Robinson, Acquisitions : The First Decade 1977 - 1986, , Burlington Magazine, vol. 128, October 1986, p. 24, no. 76, N1 B87 128:3 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]