- Watercolor, graphite, pen and red ink on moderately thick, rough, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/16 x 6 1/16 inches (7.8 x 15.4 cm)
Inscribed in rpen and ed ink over graphite, lower right: " Silsilis | 9.AM. 27. Janr. 1854 | (138)"; Verso: inscribed in pen and black ink, left center: "28 Lowest"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "94"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George E. Dix, B.A. 1934, M.A. 1942
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- desert | figures (representations) | landscape | men | river | river | robes | ruins | structure (single built work) | temple | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Aswan | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Silsilis, 1854
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.