- Gebel Sheikh Abu Fodde
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and red ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 2 7/16 x 9 3/16 inches (6.2 x 23.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and red ink, lower left: "Gebel Sheikh Aboussodde. Jany 8. 1854 | sun shines [thru?] sail."; inscribed in pen and red ink, lower right: "45"; Verso: inscribed in pen and brown ink, center: "9. next below uppermost"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George E. Dix, B.A. 1934, M.A. 1942
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | landscape | river | river | riverbank | sails | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Gebel Sheikh Abu Fodde, 1854
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.