- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink and red ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 x 6 1/8 inches (9.5 x 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and red brown ink, over graphite, lower left: "El Ousta | Jany 11. 1854 | Hoopoes"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "52"; Verso: inscribed in pen and brown ink, center: "10 Lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George E. Dix, B.A. 1934, M.A. 1942
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | boats | figures (representations) | genre subject | landscape | palm trees | sand | sky | structures (single built works) | water
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.