IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Dhoura Island, 1854
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and black ink on moderately thick, rough, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 2 x 6 1/8 inches (5.1 x 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "pale [u?] ash water | bright green dhoura island, with bright blue shades from palms."; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "8.AM. Jany 28. 1854 | (145)"; Verso: inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "No.10 | next below uppermost"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "97"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George E. Dix, B.A. 1934, M.A. 1942
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- island | landscape | palm trees | river | riverbank | sky | water
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.