- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and black ink on moderately thick, rough, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 2 x 6 1/8 inches (5.1 x 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "pale [u?] ash water | bright green dhoura island, with bright blue shades from palms."; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "8.AM. Jany 28. 1854 | (145)"; Verso: inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "No.10 | next below uppermost"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "97"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George E. Dix, B.A. 1934, M.A. 1942
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- island | landscape | palm trees | river | riverbank | sky | water
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.