Rocky Valley of Mosta, Malta
- Additional Title(s):
Rocky Valley of Musta, Malta
- Watercolor, graphite, gouache, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper, mounted on medium, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 x 13 7/16 inches (23.5 x 34.1 cm) and Mount: 11 x 15 7/16 inches (27.9 x 39.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Rocky Valley of Musta, Malta | 4.-5-PM. 24 March. 1866 (242)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George E. Dix, B.A. 1934, M.A. 1942
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | cliffs | landscape | rocks (landforms) | sky | structure (single built work) | valley (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Malta | Mosta
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Rocky Valley of Mosta, Malta, 1866
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.