Rocky Valley of Mosta, Malta
- Additional Title(s):
Rocky Valley of Musta, Malta
- Watercolor, graphite, gouache, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper, mounted on medium, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- 9 1/4 x 13 7/16 inches (23.5 x 34.1 cm) and 11 x 15 7/16 inches (27.9 x 39.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Rocky Valley of Musta, Malta | 4.-5-PM. 24 March. 1866 (242)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George E. Dix, B.A. 1934, M.A. 1942
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | cliffs | landscape | rocks (landforms) | sky | structure (single built work) | valley (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Malta | Mosta
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Rocky Valley of Mosta, Malta, 1866
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.