IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, A View of the Fleet at Spithead; taken from the Platform at Portsmouth (A) the Watch Tower at Portsmouth (B) Gilkiker upon Gosport Shoar (C) The Sea Mark on Ashey Down
A View of the Fleet at Spithead; taken from the Platform at Portsmouth (A) the Watch Tower at Portsmouth (B) Gilkiker upon Gosport Shoar (C) The Sea Mark on Ashey Down
- Hand-colored engraving on wove paper
- Plate: 10 1/2 × 16 inches (26.7 × 40.6 cm), Sheet: 12 1/2 × 18 inches (31.8 × 45.7 cm)
London Printed for Robert Wilkinson No. 58 Cornhill
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | flags | marine art | sails | seascape
- Associated Places:
- England | Hampshire | Portsmouth | Spithead | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.