July 1st: She [Sat] Beneath an Awning (Vol. 2, p. 50) July 2nd: Here Sussex is My Hand (Vol. 2, p. 85)
- Gray wash with pen and black ink on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 × 4 3/8 inches (9.5 × 11.1 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper left: "July 1st | she sat beneath | an awning | Vol 2-P 50"; in black ink, lower left: "july 2nd | Here Sussex is | my hand| Vol 2 P-85"
Signed in black ink: "T. Stothard"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloaks | courtiers | doublets | dress | dress | galley (watercraft) | genre subject | Kenilworth, by Walter scott, 1821 | ladies | noblewoman | oars | sailors | swords | throne
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Stothard, 1755–1834, British, July 1st: She [Sat] Beneath an Awning (Vol. 2, p. 50) July 2nd: Here Sussex is My Hand (Vol. 2, p. 85), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.