March 1st: Listening to the Prattle of Her Attendant (Vol. 1, p. 127) March 2nd: I Will Sit on This Footstool at Thy Feet (Vol. 1, p. 148)
- Gray wash with pen and black ink on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 × 4 1/2 inches (9.5 × 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper left: "March 1st | Listening to the prattle | of her attendant | Vol 1 P 127"; in black ink, lower left: "March 2nd | I will sit on this | footstool at thy feet | Vol 1 P 148"
Signed in ink: "T. Stothard"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- canopy | divan | dress | footstool | genre subject | Kenilworth, by Walter scott, 1821 | lute | man | servant | side table | throne | uniform | women
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Stothard, 1755–1834, British, March 1st: Listening to the Prattle of Her Attendant (Vol. 1, p. 127) March 2nd: I Will Sit on This Footstool at Thy Feet (Vol. 1, p. 148), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.