IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Stothard, 1755–1834, British, April 1st: It is I your Host (Vol. 1, p. 199) April 2nd: There is a Marsh [Hard] By (Vol. 1, p. 257), undated
April 1st: It is I your Host (Vol. 1, p. 199) April 2nd: There is a Marsh [Hard] By (Vol. 1, p. 257)
- Gray wash with pen and brown ink on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 7/8 × 4 1/2 inches (9.8 × 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper left: "April 1st | [...] I your host | Vol1 P 199"; in black ink, lower left: "April 2nd | [...] | there is a marsh | hard by | Vol 1 P 257"
Signed in ink: "T.Stothard"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | candle | canopy-beds | cloak | courtiers | drapes | genre subject | horse (animal) | Kenilworth, by Walter scott, 1821 | marsh | men | night caps | peasant | sheets
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.