- November 1st: Where is My Lord of Leicester (Vol. 3, p. 164) November 2nd: Die a Liar as They Hast Lived (Vol. 3, p. 282)
- Gray wash with pen and brown ink on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 × 4 1/2 inches (9.5 × 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper left: "Nov 1st | Where is my lord | of Leicester | Vol 3-P 164"; in black ink, lower left; "Nov 2 | Die a liar as they | hast lived | Vol 3- P 282"
Signed in ink: "T.Stothard"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- courtiers | genre subject | gowns | Kenilworth, by Walter scott, 1821 | murder | noblewomen | sword
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Stothard, 1755–1834, British, November 1st: Where is My Lord of Leicester (Vol. 3, p. 164) November 2nd: Die a Liar as They Hast Lived (Vol. 3, p. 282), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.