December 1st: The Mangled and Yet Warm Remains (Vol. 3, p. 343) December 2nd: Had There Perished Miserably (Vol. 3, p. 345)
- Gray wash with pen and brow ink on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- 3 3/4 × 4 1/2 inches (9.5 × 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper left: "Dec 1st | the mangled and yet | warm remains | Vol 3- P 343"; in black ink, lower left: "Dec 2nd | had there perished | miserably | Vol 3- P 345"
Signed in ink: "T. Stothard"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dead | genre subject | Kenilworth, by Walter scott, 1821 | men | skeleton | tomb | torch | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Stothard, 1755–1834, British, December 1st: The Mangled and Yet Warm Remains (Vol. 3, p. 343) December 2nd: Had There Perished Miserably (Vol. 3, p. 345), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.