December 1st: The Mangled and Yet Warm Remains (Vol. 3, p. 343) December 2nd: Had There Perished Miserably (Vol. 3, p. 345)
- Gray wash with pen and brow ink on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 × 4 1/2 inches (9.5 × 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper left: "Dec 1st | the mangled and yet | warm remains | Vol 3- P 343"; in black ink, lower left: "Dec 2nd | had there perished | miserably | Vol 3- P 345"
Signed in ink: "T. Stothard"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dead | genre subject | Kenilworth, by Walter scott, 1821 | men | skeleton | tomb | torch | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Stothard, 1755–1834, British, December 1st: The Mangled and Yet Warm Remains (Vol. 3, p. 343) December 2nd: Had There Perished Miserably (Vol. 3, p. 345), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.