- The Battle of Culloden, near Inverness in Scotland...
- Hand-colored engraving on wove paper
- Plate: 7 x 10 3/4in. (17.8 x 27.3cm) and DON'T USE: 12 1/2 x 18in. (31.8 x 45.7cm)
...The King's Army Commanded by the Duke of Cumberland was drawn up in three Liines, into the left of which the Rebels attempting to break with Swords and Targets were repulsed; when Kingston's Horse attack'd the left Wing, and the Dragoons the Rear; which compleated the Rout of the Rebels, who had 2,500 Men kill'd in the Battle, 1,500 in the Pursuit and 1,800 taken Prisoners. -- Printed for & Sold by Bowles & Carver, at their Map & Print Warehouse, No.69 in St. Pauls Church Yard, London
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horses (animals) | military art | smoke | soldiers | trees
- Associated Places:
- Culloden Battlesite | Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, The Battle of Culloden, near Inverness in Scotland..
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.