IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Richard Banks Harraden, 1778–1862, British, The Waterworks at Marli; and St. German en Laye seen in the distance, 1803
The Waterworks at Marli; and St. German en Laye seen in the distance
- Aquatint with soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 9 x 21 5/16 inches (22.9 x 54.1 cm), Image: 5 7/8 x 18 1/8 inches (14.9 x 46 cm)
1801 | J WHATMAN
In lettering, recto, lower left: "Drawn & Etchd by Thos Girtin"; lower right: "Aquatined by J B Harraden"; lower left: "The Water Works at Marli; | and ST. GERMAN en LAYE seen in the distance."; lower right: "La Machine de Marli, | avec une eloignee de St. GERMAN en LAYE."; lower left: "SUBCRN PRINT"; lower center: "LONDON: Pub. Jan. 15, 1803, by JN GIRTIN, 1, Litt. Newport Street"; and lower right: "15"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Acqueduct of Louveciennes | Europe | France | Louveciennes | Marly-le-Roi | Saint-Germain-en-Laye | Seine | Yvelines | Île-de-France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.