- The Waterworks at Marli; and St. German en Laye seen in the distance
- Aquatint with soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 9 x 21 5/16 inches (22.9 x 54.1 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 18 1/8 inches (14.9 x 46 cm)
1801 | J WHATMAN
In lettering, recto, lower left: "Drawn & Etchd by Thos Girtin"; lower right: "Aquatined by J B Harraden"; lower left: "The Water Works at Marli; | and ST. GERMAN en LAYE seen in the distance."; lower right: "La Machine de Marli, | avec une eloignee de St. GERMAN en LAYE."; lower left: "SUBCRN PRINT"; lower center: "LONDON: Pub. Jan. 15, 1803, by JN GIRTIN, 1, Litt. Newport Street"; and lower right: "15"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Acqueduct of Louveciennes | Europe | France | Louveciennes | Marly-le-Roi | Saint-Germain-en-Laye | Seine | Yvelines | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Banks Harraden, 1778–1862, British, The Waterworks at Marli; and St. German en Laye seen in the distance, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.