Up and Over
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, graphite and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Image: 9 13/16 × 13 15/16 inches (24.9 × 35.4 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 9 15/16 × 14 1/16 inches (25.2 × 35.7 cm), Sheet: 10 5/8 × 14 1/2 inches (27 × 36.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "24"
Signed, in pen with black ink, lower right: "CECIL | ALDIN."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | hedge | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | landscape | leaping | men | sporting art | tree
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Cecil Charles Windsor Aldin, 1870–1935, British, Up and Over, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.