`Ar Never Gets Off' - Hunting Scene
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gouache, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- 11 5/8 × 18 15/16 inches (29.5 × 48.1 cm), 11 3/4 × 19 1/16 inches (29.8 × 48.4 cm), and 13 9/16 × 20 9/16 inches (34.4 × 52.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Chapter. L 1 "Ar never gets off" replies [Pice Hiz c?] the fence"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "4 1/2 high"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "33 | P8457A"
Signed in pen with black ink, lower right: "CECIL | ALDIN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fence | hedge | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunters | hunting | jumping | men | sporting art | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Cecil Charles Windsor Aldin, 1870–1935, British, `Ar Never Gets Off' - Hunting Scene, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.