`Ar Never Gets Off' - Hunting Scene
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gouache, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Image: 11 5/8 × 18 15/16 inches (29.5 × 48.1 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 11 3/4 × 19 1/16 inches (29.8 × 48.4 cm), and Sheet: 13 9/16 × 20 9/16 inches (34.4 × 52.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Chapter. L 1 "Ar never gets off" replies [Pice Hiz c?] the fence"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "4 1/2 high"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "33 | P8457A"
Signed in pen with black ink, lower right: "CECIL | ALDIN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fence | hedge | horseback riders | horseback riding | hunters | hunting | men | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Cecil Charles Windsor Aldin, 1870–1935, British, `Ar Never Gets Off' - Hunting Scene, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.