Going at a Rank of Hurdles with Temper and Resolution
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 10 1/2 inches (20.3 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand, upper left in graphite: "Going at a rank of Hurdle's with temper and resolution"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "H Alken 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | equestrians | fence | horses (animals) | jumping | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Going at a Rank of Hurdles with Temper and Resolution, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.