"By - he'll get to the Earth..."
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper mounted to card
- Sheet: 8 × 10 1/2 inches (20.3 × 26.7 cm) and Mount: 11 3/4 × 13 3/4 inches (29.8 × 34.9 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand top in gaphite: "By --- he it get to the Earths -- you at him Hanibal -- push him along Tom boy you [...] you [...] forward"; in artist's hand bottom left in graphite; "H Alken | 1827"
Signed in artist's hand: "H Alken 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | equestrian | horse (animal) | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "By - he'll get to the Earth...", 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.