IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Grouse Shooting: The Wrong Sort, undated
Grouse Shooting: The Wrong Sort
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 10 3/4 inches (21.6 × 27.3 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 9 × 11 1/4 inches (22.9 × 28.6 cm), Mount: 11 × 13 3/16 inches (27.9 × 33.5 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | blanket | dogs (animals) | grass | grouse | hill | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | rocks (landforms) | shotguns | sporting art
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Robert Colls, This sporting life : sport and liberty in England, 1760-1960, Oxford University Press, Oxford, U.K., 2020, pp. 60, 369, GV706.35 .C65 2020 (LC) YCBA [ORBIS]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.