IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Denholm Armour, 1864–1949, British, Some Have Greatness Thrust Upon Them, undated
Some Have Greatness Thrust Upon Them
- Watercolor, graphite, and gouache, with pen and brown ink on linen
- Sheet: 19 5/8 × 14 1/8 inches (49.8 × 35.9 cm), Mount: 21 5/8 × 15 15/16 inches (54.9 × 40.5 cm)
Signed in watercolor, lower left: "G. D. ARMOUR."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- falling | fence | grass | hedge | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | men | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.