Over the Bank, Exmoor
- ca. 1895
- Watercolor, with pen, in gray ink, and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 × 13 7/16 inches (25.1 × 34.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "36"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "C-732 | Mellon"
Artist's monogram stamp
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bank | dogs (animals) | grass | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | rocks (landforms) | sporting art | tree
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Exmoor | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Polhill Bevan, 1865–1925, British, Over the Bank, Exmoor, ca. 1895
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.