- Under the Hammer
- between 1912 and 1913
- Black chalk and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/16 × 12 5/16 inches (25.9 × 31.3 cm) and Image: 4 1/8 × 6 1/16 inches (10.5 × 15.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "9"
Artist's monogram stamp
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- auction | genre subject | horse (animal) | men | people
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Wendy Baron, The Camden Town Group, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1980, p. 4, no. 4, fig. 4, ND468.5 C35 B371 + OVERSIZE (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Polhill Bevan, 1865–1925, British, Under the Hammer, between 1912 and 1913
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.