- The Bayhorse, Tattersall’s
- Watercolor and charcoal on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/16 × 15 5/8 inches (53.5 × 39.7 cm) and Image: 13 9/16 × 11 1/2 inches (34.4 × 29.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "10 | C-765 | Sold Mellon"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Reproduction"; inscribed in charcoal, upper center: "24"
Watermark: "MADE IN ENGLAND LINEN FIBRE; "Artist's monogram stamp, lower right
Signed, in black crayon, lower left: "Robert Bevan"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- auction | columns | genre subject | horse (animal) | men
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Europe | Greater London | Hyde Park | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Polhill Bevan, 1865–1925, British, The Bayhorse, Tattersall’s, 1921
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.