The Bayhorse, Tattersall’s
- Additional Title(s):
The Bayhorse, Tattersalls
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and charcoal on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/16 × 15 5/8 inches (53.5 × 39.7 cm), Image: 13 9/16 × 11 1/2 inches (34.4 × 29.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "10 | C-765 | Sold Mellon"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Reproduction"; inscribed in charcoal, upper center: "24"
Watermark: "MADE IN ENGLAND LINEN FIBRE; artist's stamp: RPB
Signed, in black crayon, lower left: "Robert Bevan"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- auction | columns | genre subject | horse (animal) | men
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Europe | Greater London | Hyde Park | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Paul Mellon's Legacy : a passion for British art [large print labels], , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2007, v. 2, N5220 M552 P381 2007 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]