- Ploughing the Hillside
- ca. 1905
- Black chalk on medium, smooth, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 × 18 1/4 inches (36.8 × 46.4 cm) and Image: 9 × 12 1/2 inches (22.9 × 31.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1799E"
Artist's monogram stamp
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- farmer | farming | field | genre subject | hill | horses (animals) | men | ploughing
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Polhill Bevan, 1865–1925, British, Ploughing the Hillside, ca. 1905
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.