Horse Loaded with Artist’s Paraphernalia
- Additional Title(s):
A Horse loaded with Artist's paraphernalia, Walking to the Left
A Study for the Artist's Bookplate
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured beige wove paper, mounted on moderately thick, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 12 7/8 inches (24.4 x 32.7 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 12 1/4 x 15 7/8 inches (31.1 x 40.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "D30198"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Cotman."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brushes | carton | easel | genre subject | horse (animal) | palette
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Giorgia Bottinelli, A vision of England : paintings of the Norwich School, Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery, Norwich, 2013, p. 29, ND467.5.N65 N67 2013 Oversize (YCBA)