- “The Master.” Hark to Statesman
- ca. 1900
- Watercolor and gouache on thick, rough, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/16 × 17 inches (53.5 × 43.2 cm)
Inscribed in gray watercolor, lower right: "The M [...]TEA' | HARK TO STATESMAN"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "848"
Signed, in pen, with black ink, lower right: "J. Crawhall"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunter | hunting | man | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Joseph Crawhall, 1861–1913, British, “The Master.” Hark to Statesman, ca. 1900
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.