- Cubhunting with the North Cotswold, Oct. 1911, with vignettes
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, graphite, black chalk, and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown, wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 20 3/16 inches (37.8 × 51.3 cm) and Image: 9 5/16 × 15 3/8 inches (23.7 × 39.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with black ink, upper left: "Cotswold Walls. | The Whip"; inscribed in pen, with black ink, upper center: "A shepherd onlooker."; inscribed in pen, with black ink, center right: "The Master Mr. Scott."; inscribed in pen, with black ink, lower right: "Undamped enthusiasts."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "20 | [?]8478A"
Signed and dated in pen, with black ink, lower right: "Lionel Edwards. | 1911"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Lionel Edwards, 1878–1966, British, Cubhunting with the North Cotswold, Oct. 1911, with vignettes, 1911
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.