Newmarket - Pulling Up
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, gouache and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 × 13 15/16 inches (25.6 × 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Newmarket"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "Lionel Edwards | 1933"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | clouds | crowd | field | horse racing | horses (animals) | jockeys | landscape | men | people | race tracks | spectators | sporting art
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Newmarket | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.