Charles Samuel Keene, 1823–1891, British, An Indoor Military Riding School With an Instructor Teaching Recruits to Trot, undated
An Indoor Military Riding School With an Instructor Teaching Recruits to Trot
- Additional Title(s):
The Riding Lesson
- Pen, in brown ink: on medium, smooth, beige, wove paper, mounted on very thick, smooth, cream, wove card paper
- Sheet: 7 15/16 × 12 3/8 inches (20.2 × 31.4 cm) and Mount: 12 × 17 13/16 inches (30.5 × 45.2 cm)
Signed, lower left: "CK"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | instructors | military art | recruits | riding school | trotting
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.