A Stage Coach Outside of the Entrance of an Inn
- Brown wash, and gray wash, with pen, in black ink, and brown ink, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- 5 7/8 x 10 1/16 inches (14.9 x 25.6 cm) and 8 3/8 x 12 1/2 inches (21.3 x 31.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso: in graphite, lower right: "P7938C" | "18"; in graphite, on mount, lower left: "DLA 349"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- doorway | genre subject | grass | horses (animals) | inn | sign | stage coaches | stairs | trees | wheels | windows
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Stage Coach Outside of the Entrance of an Inn, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.