A Stage Coach Outside of the Entrance of an Inn
- Brown wash, gray wash, pen and black ink, brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 x 10 1/16 inches (14.9 x 25.6 cm), Mount: 8 3/8 x 12 1/2 inches (21.3 x 31.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso: in graphite, lower right: "P7938C" | "18"; in graphite, on mount, lower left: "DLA 349"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- doorway | genre subject | grass | horses (animals) | inn | sign | stage coaches | stairs | trees | wheels | windows
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Stage Coach Outside of the Entrance of an Inn, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.