James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Racehorse at Exercise, Ridden by a Training-Groom, undated
Racehorse at Exercise, Ridden by a Training-Groom
- Gouache, pen and black ink, brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 7/16 × 6 13/16 inches (13.8 × 17.3 cm), Mount: 5 5/8 × 6 15/16 inches (14.3 × 17.6 cm)
Inscribeed in graphite, verso, upper left: "T"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- exercise | groom (caretaker of horses) | horse (animal) | horse racing | jockey | man | sporting art | training | whip
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.