- Christ Descending into the Grave
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Binding: 14 1/2 inches (36.8 cm), Sheet: 14 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (36.2 × 29.2 cm), Plate: 11 × 8 inches (27.9 × 20.3 cm), and Image: 9 × 4 7/8 inches (22.9 × 12.4 cm)
Lettered above image, upper right: "P1."; below image, lower left: "Drawn by W.Blake"; lower right: "Etched by L.Schiavonetti"; lower center: "Christ descending into the Grave. | Eternal King! whose potent Arm sustains | The Keys of Hell and Death. | London, Published May 1st. 1808. by Cadell & Davis, Strand."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- god | graves | key | portrait | religious and mythological subject
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, Christ Descending into the Grave, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.