- Watercolor with graphite and gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, brown, wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/2 × 6 1/4 inches (8.9 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Epsom | 1896"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[?]; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "5896"
dated in graphite, lower left: "1896"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crowd | horse racing | landscape | race (event) | racetrack | sporting art | structures (structural elements) | tents
- Associated Places:
- England | Epsom | Europe | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.