IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Michael Angelo Hayes, 1811–1880, British, The Band of the 23rd Fusiliers, 1838
The Band of the 23rd Fusiliers
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, blue ink, and black ink, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/16 × 8 5/16 inches (16.4 × 21.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left:"Michael Angelo Hayees | Signed in corner;"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "23 Fusiliers- | 1838 - | R. W. F | [...] going [k?] [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- band (ensemble) | building | men | military art | music | musical instruments | soldiers | uniforms
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.