A Soldier's Knapsack: Two Studies, Side and Front View
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, graphite, white gouache, gray wash on medium, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 × 7 13/16 inches (13.3 × 19.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, lower center: "1 2 3 4 5 10 inches."inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "studies of a knapsack"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | knapsack | military art | soldier | study (visual work)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Michael Angelo Hayes, 1811–1880, British, A Soldier's Knapsack: Two Studies, Side and Front View, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.