Horse Fair in East Anglia
- Additional Title(s):
East Anglia Horse Fair
- Watercolor and gouache, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper, mounted on thick, moderately textured, beige, card paper
- Mount: 13 5/8 x 20 5/8 inches (34.6 x 52.4 cm) and Sheet: 13 1/2 x 20 3/8 inches (34.3 x 51.8 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand, in pen with black ink, lower left: "A. J. Munnings 99"; Verso: in graphite, upper right: "MELLON | 11830"
Signed in pen with black ink, lower left: "A. J. Munnings 99"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of Sir Alfred Munnings
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | fair | grass | horses (animals) | landscape | men | people | sporting art | tents
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Alfred J. Munnings, 1878–1959, British, Horse Fair in East Anglia, 1899
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.