Timber Wagon Crossing a Stream
- Former Title(s):
Timber Waggon Crossing a Stream
- Watercolor and gouache on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 8 3/4 inches (17.5 × 22.2 cm) and Image: 4 1/4 × 6 inches (10.8 × 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left : "The [...] of Kinnaid from Gold"; lower right in graphite: "6/58 x | to stand A223."; on verso, upper right: "7 8 1/4 |1 5/7 or 1/4 7/35/7/5 | 7 | 6 1/4"; center: "other side prepared"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "S. Palmer"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | clouds | crossing | fording | genre subject | landscape | oxen | people | stream | timber | trees | wagon
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), Timber Wagon Crossing a Stream, undated