- A Cricket Match of the Royal Marine Artillery, London
- Watercolor, gouache and graphite on medium, slightly texture, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/8 × 21 1/4 inches (34 × 54 cm) and Mount: 13 1/2 × 21 1/4 inches (34.3 × 54 cm)
Inscribed on verso in blue chalk, upper left: "#28; inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "62 1/2 3"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Mellon 3634"
Signed and dated in brush and brown ink, lower right: "W.PARIS. RM.A | 1888"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artillery | bench | cricket | field | figures (representations) | game | landscape | men | park (recreation area) | path | playing fields | tents | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Walter Paris, 1842–1906, British, A Cricket Match of the Royal Marine Artillery, London, 1888
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.