The London Scottish Volunteer Regiment at Wimbledon Common Rifle Ranges with the Soldiers under canvas
- Watercolor, gouache, graphite, and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 5/8 × 10 5/16 inches (11.7 × 26.2 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 5 3/8 × 11 1/8 inches (13.7 × 28.3 cm), Mount: 8 × 13 9/16 inches (20.3 × 34.4 cm)
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left. Pyne 1872."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | field | flags | flowers (plants) | historical subject | houses | landscape | men | military art | rifle range | soldiers | tents | trees | volunteers | windmill | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | United Kingdom | Wimbledon
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Claude Pyne, 1802–1878, The London Scottish Volunteer Regiment at Wimbledon Common Rifle Ranges with the Soldiers under canvas, 1872
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.