Henry Bernard Chalon, 1771–1849, British, The Artist's Studio, undated
The Artist's Studio
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper, mounted on thick, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/8 × 4 5/8 inches (7.9 × 11.7 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 4 1/2 × 6 1/8 inches (11.4 × 15.6 cm), and Mount: 5 5/8 × 7 1/16 inches (14.3 × 17.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "HB Chalon"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | artworks | dog (animal) | drawing | easel | figure study | genre subject | horse (animal) | men | painting | studio (work space)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.