A Man throwing a Ball to a Dog
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 7/16 × 6 1/8 inches (8.7 × 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "273 | 223?"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "13"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ball | dog (animal) | figure study | genre subject | man | sporting art | throwing
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Chinnery, 1774–1852, British, A Man throwing a Ball to a Dog, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.