A Racing Saddle on a Horse's Back, With Details of Stirrup
- Graphite, watercolor, and pen in gray ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 × 9 1/8 inches (17.1 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "[Dr Bridges aky Brug?] Head Orange Street [2?] | Mr. James | Mr. Vernon"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "9945 C Mellon"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horse (animal) | horse racing | saddle | sporting art | stirrup
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sawrey Gilpin, 1733–1807, British, A Racing Saddle on a Horse's Back, With Details of Stirrup, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.