Ages of the Horse: The Foal, The Colt, The Racer, The Hunter, The Post-Horse, Food for the Hounds
- Graphite on six sheets of paper mounted on blue wove paper
- Sheet: 2 13/16 x 3 7/8 inches (7.1 x 9.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, top left image, lower center: "The Foal"; in graphite, top right image, lower left: "The Colt"; in graphite, middle left image, lower left: "The Racer"; in graphite, middle right image, lower center: "The Hunter"; in graphite, bottom left image, lower left: "The Post Horse"; in graphite, bottom right image, lower left: "Food for the Hounds"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | jockeys | sporting art
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Ages of the Horse: The Foal, The Colt, The Racer, The Hunter, The Post-Horse, Food for the Hounds, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.