IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir Alfred J. Munnings, 1878–1959, British, Sketch For The Portrait of George Lambton and His Son, undated
Sketch For The Portrait of George Lambton and His Son
- Graphite on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 × 8 inches (25.4 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Studies for a painting of Hon: George Lambtom | & son Teddy on two | greys - Newmarket"
Signed, in graphite, lower center: "AJM."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of Sir Alfred Munnings
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.